History

Our parents that started the company

Our History

Potratz has been a tradition in the Erie region since 1919. Herman and Elizabeth Potratz started the business with the goal of service and satisfaction to customers. They began by selling flowering and vegetable plants and cut flowers. Gradually, the business evolved into a florist and greenhouse production. In 1982, a fire devastated the floral shop only a few days before Christmas. However, the shop was rebuilt (quadrupling in size), remodeled and business prospered; thanks to our loyal customers.The greenhouse has also grown over the years with the addition of 4 new greenhouse structures.

About Potratz

Known for our creative flair and taste in exquisite flowers and arrangements, we have grown to become a favorite place to shop for extraordinary plants and topiaries, silks, gifts and home accessories.

While we have grown over the years, we have never lost sight of what we do best: delivering to our customers the most beautiful products with the best possible customer service. It has made Potratz stand out. And it is a tradition that we uphold each and every day.

Today, Potratz currently conducts business with a retail floral and gift shop, 7 greenhouses comprising of 25,000 square feet of floor space, indoor and outdoor landscaping divisions, garden and nursery divisions and a 5-acre growing range in North East, PA.Flowers and plants remain the most appropriate gift for all occasions.Potratz’s designers will create exquisite wedding flowers for your special day.

FIND US

Potratz Floral Shop & Greenhouses, Inc.

1418 Buffalo Road,

Erie, PA 16503